Wednesday, August 24, 2016

1st Day of School




The kids started school today, Naiya is in 6th grade and is continuing with the AIM program. She is so so so so excited to start school. She was up most of the night, I think she's been ready to start since the first day of summer. Her teacher, Mrs. Lucero, is a big fan of reading and writing, so I think it will be a good fit for Naiya. We had a scare last week when we found out the school had registered her for choir instead of art. Naiya does not enjoy singing and would have been so sad to have to do choir every single day instead of art. I requested a change at the office but then had Darin follow through with a phone call and email. He handles these things much better than I do, I turn into a crying mama bear while he handles things perfectly with his kind professional attitude. But after days of waiting it was a huge relief to finally get the phone call saying she was switched over to art. Crisis averted.


Calin is starting 9th grade, which is High School, but it's still located at the Jr. High so it's less scary that he isn't making such a huge change. He gets to be the oldest grade in the school instead of the youngest. We had to make a few last minute changes to his schedule as well, switching which trimester he had study hall so it fell during competition season when he had a more difficult class load. Hopefully we made some good choices and he enjoys school. He isn't looking forward to going back but I think he'll be glad to get back into the swing of things.

As for me, preschool doesn't start for a few weeks so I have about 7 days off before I start preschool. I will go in a few times to do open house and prep work. But I am really going to make the most of my time alone. Which might me cleaning while listening to audiobooks, or sitting on the couch watching netflix all day. Either way, it's MY time and I'm looking forward to it.

1 comment:

mom said...

9th and 6th. Wow. Your kiddo's are getting old too fast.