Monday, October 3, 2016

Conference

We love General Conference weekend! Darin had to work on Saturday so the kids and I watched without him. The boys ended up watching the Priesthood session at home, which they've never done before. I think I heard more than Darin because at one point he was snoring.
We did our usual conference bingo with candy. Naiya created a conference Jenga game. I did my usual jigsaw puzzle (I usually do nature ones but this year I did a Harry Potter puzzle I found at a garage sale a few weeks ago). We made a nice roast chicken for Sunday dinner (it was nice to have all the hands home to help prepare it). Between sessions we cooked and listened to Harry Potter 7 on audio book. we've been listening to them all summer but didn't have time to finish before school started so we're going to try to finish over Harvest break which is all this week.
It was a nice conference. I am saddened at the new trend of people going to the conference center to oppose the sustaining of the prophet and apostles. I don't see the point. Are these former members who have become disenchanted with the church? If so why are they bothering to attend conference? Are they saints who have not yet received a testimony of the prophet? No one with a firm testimony of the gospel would oppose these great men who have been called by God himself. It confuses me why people want to make a show of their opposition. 
Calin didn't even bother facing the TV this year. At least he was present.

Conference Jenga. The colors corresponded with a conference word or something like that.

1 comment:

mom said...

They go cause they want the world to hear their opposition. They could just raise their hand in opposition but instead they have to shout out. I wonder if they stay and listen to the rest or if they leave after they do their thing. It's sad no matter how what. Guess they don't care that their vote is being recorded in Heaven. It'll come back to bite them.
Love your conf traditions.
Right about Calin. Hearing is the important part not looking.