Tuesday, November 27, 2007

November

My sister Missy is giving me crap about not having posted in a while. So if you're bored with me you can always go read her blog. She has a super cute 3 year old, just bought her first house, and will be moving out to Idaho in January (*tear*) when her husband starts a new job. Can you see how green I am with envy? I hope to follow her out in about 6 months (cross your fingers!) Darin is plotting to move in to their basement but I don't know that that will go over very well with her. We'll see.

To be honest nothing much has been happening this month (and I've hardly taken any pictures, gasp!). I joined Flylady and have been inspired to change/tweak my housekeeping habits so I've devoted November to cleaning and have also been doing some super organizing/decluttering (yay).

At the beginning of the month Darin was in a little skit for work and had to dress up as Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Carribean.


A few weeks back we went to Michigan for my niece Trinity's 3rd birthday


It's hard to see in the pictures but we had a few snowflakes that sent the kids into a whirlwind of jumping/screaming excitement


Thanksgiving was a pretty normal day. I spent the morning scrubbing the house while Darin was out for the annual Turkey Bowl Paintball Game. After that we had a quick b-day cake for my sister and then had dinner at my aunts house. Everyone else handled dinner so all I had to make were the apples pies then show up for a nice relaxing visit (woohoo).

Nothing much going on with the kids. Calin has/had pinkeye and we're waiting to see if Naiya gets it. On top of that they both seem to be coming down with colds. :(

As always they've loved pretending to be their super hero alter ego selves. Naiya has taken Superman/girl to a new level by adding a tiara and a wand and forming "Super Princess." Calin has shed his costume and settled on wearing his PJ's instead, though he has added a Spiderman hat and a super scooter to his getup. On this particular day they spent an hour just running/scooting in cirlces around the kitchen table and laughing.



So yeah. Sorry for the lame post. I'll write more later. Cleaning has given me a lot of time to think bloggy thoughts but I don't want to stop working to type them out. And now that I sit here at my blog I can't remember a single one of them. Doh!

Hugs to all of you, hope you are enjoying the season!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did not give you crap, I just merely suggested you add something to it. I would do the same to Dan, but he doesn't seem to be doing anything on the computer these days! I hope you do move out in 6 months. I'll even let you use my basement!

Anonymous said...

For what it's worth-I hope you don't move out in 6 months.
Guess