My kids had their primary program at church last Sunday. Calin did great, except at the point I caught him picking his nose and gave him that mom eye which made him stop, but then he ducked low enough in the seat that he could continue without me seeing. He was so shocked after church when I informed him I knew that's what he was doing. "Mom, you know everything." That's right kid, and don't you forget it. But he said his part flawlessly and sang great and was very well behaved.
Naiya on the other hand. Wow. She said her part great, but the rest of the time she was on the floor, turned around in her seat, or crying and running back down to me. I have no idea what got into her, it would have been amusing if I wasn't so embarrassed that she was the only one having such a hard time.
I'll tell you what though, I remember watching the Sunbeam teachers at the primary program last year and what a struggle it was and I've been scheming ever since about how to get out of my sunbeam calling before this years program. Apparently moving out of state works rather well. Our bishop here has very kindly held to my request to stay out of primary. They have openings, and they want me, but so far I'm off the hook. He has given me a different calling, but informed me I wouldn't be able to escape primary for long. That's fine, just let me enjoy my break a little bit longer. He asked if I played the piano or sang and I assured him I'm virtually talentless. So that might be enough to get me off the hook even longer. Nice, eh?
8 comments:
I feel your pain. Ty and I did nursery for almost 3yrs. and now Ty teaches primary. There's no escape for him.
Jess and I are on the Christmas Party Committee. Think that'll get us through May?
And by the way, somehow I've missed your last like four posts!
She said her part well. That's the important thing. When it came to what really counted in the program, she was there. Calin did great too. Give him the ole attaboy and a hug from his Grandpa B. Oh, and tell him its the mother's law, she know's what he doing, even when he is trying to hide it.
Remember that she's had a major change in her life, too. Her whole routine, from library time, no preschool, friends, playdates, even going shopping has all changed. How does a 4 yr oldcope with that. Does she understand OH to ID? I don't know? Maybe she's just starting to come to grips with the move. The tears is what makes me wonder. Anyway glad Calin did good inspite of the nose. That's kinda funny actually. I remember when you kids could never figure out how I knew when you were doing something wrong. It's those mom eyes for sure.
Kate, it if you makes you feel better Xander was up on the stand at our doing the same thing. Boys and noses!! Also he decided to dance through most of the songs. Nothin' like getting your groove on during the primary program.
Good try...but it doesn't last long.
Silly girl, you are Not NOT talented. Love you.
Post a Comment