Naiya's been begging to see the mudpots, so we took a day trip up to Yellowstone. I took a bazillion pictures, but I'll try to keep it to a minimum.
We came across a small herd of elk. We stopped to watch them for a bit and before we knew it they were walking around the road and in front of our car. It was so cool.
Looking for fish
The sign and fence made it perfectly clear that you were not to go near the hot spring. But Darin couldn't resist finding out just how hot it was.
Mudpots, finally!
We spent some time exploring the sights while waiting for Old Faithful, and came across this bad boy. The tongue in the nostril is just classy.
Calin watching Old Faithful

One last herd of elk before heading home (you probably can't see them, but they're there).
We saw and experienced much more than I can share, it was such a great time. I love being able to do this kind of thing and it beats going to the zoo any day. :)
3 comments:
I remember doing the same things with you kids growing up. We had such fun times-memories, memories, memories. Did you see any of those trips when you looked at the old VHS tapes?
wow! what amazing captures!! sounds like a great trip.
It sounds like you had a great time. Your pictures came out great too. I zoomed in on that last parting shot and could see the elk. The mountains are what looked really cool.
Post a Comment