Friday, August 24, 2012

My week.

What a week of emotions it has been for me!
On Sunday we bid farewell to the 13th ward. Our newly built church building is finally ready for use and they have changed the boundaries of 3 wards to create a new 4th ward. I am now part of the new Summerfield ward. I've known this change was coming for quite a long time, but it's still sad to leave the ward and especially my calling in the primary presidency. But life goes on and I'm sure I'll love the new ward.
On Monday Darin took a half day b/c he was feeling cruddy (we're guessing allergies, they cut the field across the street from us so it's been especially bad). He joined the kids and I at the movies to see Madagascar 3. Once again we look over to see the tears rolling down Naiya's cheeks. I didn't think the movie was emotional enough to warrant tears, but this girl feels her emotions so intensely. Heaven help me when she hits puberty.
After the movies we spent the evening at the splash park while Darin napped at home. I ran into a ward member who was making cotton candy for Celebrate Youth tomorrow and enjoyed chatting while I helped him. The kids were thrilled about the free cotton candy too.

On Tuesday we had Celebrate Youth. I started the day off with a good cry (end of summer emotions, I think) that left my head pounding through the event, but I was still able to enjoy it. Luckily, we had the easy job of guarding the prize table which required no effort at all. Afterward, we spent some time at the new church unloading the primary materials, then headed home for Father's Blessings.
On Wednesday the kids started school. Again with the tears, I've never had such an emotional time with school before. I've feel teary most years, but never panicked like I did this year. I am having a hard time letting Calin go to Middle School, and I'm letting him take the bus. I haven't been taking it very well, but as the days go on it's getting easier to accept.






Wednesday was also BABY DAY. Missy and Jess were both induced that morning and welcomed sweet baby girls to their families. It was a very welcome distraction and change of emotion to meet those sweet girls. (Darin joined me when we visited Missy, which was lucky b/c he took pictures).
Miss Daphne Angela.



Miss Elizabeth Ann. Since I was holding the baby while I was there, this was the only pic I took of her.

On Thursday I headed out to Idaho Falls to visit Missy again. I got sidetracked with a shopping trip and didn't get to spend nearly enough time with her. By the time I got back to Rexburg it was too late to visit Jess before she headed home to her moms house.

Daphne, day 2.

Today I hope to get the house back in order and the laundry washed and ironed, all while listening to Pride & Prejudice, which I got from the library to celebrate the return of my free time.
Tomorrow (Saturday) we'll probably do chores around the house and then go to Naiya's girl scout bridging ceremony as she becomes a brownie this year.
On Sunday we start our new ward. Bittersweet.
And so my emotions have been all over the place this week. Sorry for the novel but sometimes I just need to vent it out.

5 comments:

mom said...

Make sure to let us know what your new calling is.
I think Celebrate Youth is such an awesome event for your schools to do.
Calin is looking more like Darin. Never thought I'd see that boy in plaid shorts. "Times they must be a changing."
Naiya is beautiful as ever.
I like your haircut. Daphne already looks different and it's only day 2. She sure was listening intently to you. Wonder what she was wishing she could tell you? Purple binkie? Mel must love it.
Good pic of the B's. Need more pic's of Elizabeth soon I hope.
And finally-Nothing wrong with you expressing your emotions. By the way I love reading your novels. Keep them coming. I must say I am surprised you were teary over the kids going back to school. You must be changing too.

Keri said...

Xander has the same shirt Calin does. We must have very similar boys. Or we both just shop at Target. I love, love love the pics of you and Daphne. Too cute. How did jess just have a baby! She looks beautiful. See you all in a week.

Dan said...

Oh my gosh, the first pic of Calin...could easily be mistaken for Darin in that first picture!

Susan said...

so true...Calin and Darin are twinkies. But again, I LOVE the name Daphne. So vintage. So lovely. So perfect.

Susan said...

oh, and I asked your mom what Elizabeth will be called and she replied what I had hoped for...Elizabeth. Drives me nuts when a beautiful name is given and then IMMEDIATELY they call the child something else. Pick a name a stick with it. Nicknames can come way later.