The Keiths joined us Idaho folks for Thanksgiving weekend. It was so nice to have them here for a great weekend. Missy and Jess planned a little family get-together and invited all the nearby relatives to join us for Trinity's baptism, and the baby blessings of Daphne and Lizzy. It was great to see G-ma & G-pa Bruderer, along with some Aunts and Uncles. We had a nice little luncheon at the church and had plenty of time for visiting. I should have taken photos, and I'm kicking myself for not doing it! Instead, this is the only picture I have from that day:

Do you know what that is!? Green Jello with carrots! I know there are many Mormon jokes about Jello, but I honestly thought that green jello with carrots was a myth.Apparently, I was wrong. My own grandmother made this! I was so thrilled to find this cliched little dish sitting among the potluck offerings. I simply had to try it. Turns out, it's not very good (sorry, grandma!) which may be why this little bit of Mormon Culture is dying away. The older generation may be saddened by it's passing, but the younger generation will be forever thankful.
 |
| Sawyer gets a turn on the gator. |
 |
| He needed a few older siblings to keep him in the boundaries. |
 |
| Or not, Kenzie helped him safely navigate the streets. |
 |
| Tyler tried to show Ivan a magic trick. I love how Ivan misunderstood and closed his own eyes while pointing to his secret card! |
1 comment:
I don't think I've ever had that jello. Guess I wasn't missing anything.
Can't believe S is big enough to run the Gator.
Ivan is Ivan. What more can we say?
Post a Comment