Sunday, June 9, 2013

Blowout, Part I

We took the kids camping up at Palisades Reservoir. It's so pretty up there! We headed up on Friday night, set up the tent, ate dinner, and fished for a while.

We camped at the "Blowout." Our site was to the left of the truck.
We didn't realize our tent was so enormous until we tried to fit it in the little tent spot, it had to go in sideways.
We had a beautiful view of the reservoir.



Helping his sister.

They finally noticed the camera.



My non-fishing view of the water.
The sun was setting, and the wind was blowing, so we didn't stay out there very long.


Playing in the fire while they wait for the marshmallow coals.


We had a great evening and the kids loved sleeping in the tent. I'm the only one who got cold at night, and as usually happens when I'm away from home, I laid awake most of the night.

1 comment:

mom said...

Beautiful pic's of what looks like a great time. Do you remember going there with your GGB's when you were growing up? Ron took his boat a couple of times? You kids always liked riding in it. It was always a fun time. Next time you'll have to call G&G and I bet they'd come up to visit for the eve.