I mentioned in the previous post that we spent an evening in Driggs. Nicole and kids were in town (minus Paul who had to work) so we headed up for a campfire. We really wish we could have seen them more but the schedule was just nuts enough that it didn't happen. Driggs is always the perfect place to unwind. Grandpa H taught Naiya how to chop wood, and then put Calin to work sawing the windows out of an old chicken coop he is turning into an outdoor kitchen space. I loved the way the windows looked before they were removed, but they didn't fit the vision of what Mike wanted in the kitchen so they had to be removed. The saw was slow going so they pulled out the chainsaw to move the project along faster. I hope Calin enjoyed it, I love seeing him work on projects, and I remember my own first experience using the chainsaw on the Herzoff farm. So much fun!

Darin, Nicole, and I walked some of the kids out to the old barn. Calin
was busy in a game of bocce ball with grandpa so he didn't join us. I
love walking out there, that old barn is so cool. I love when Darin has a
chance to relive his memories of playing barn tag with his buddies,
climbing and jumping and swinging on the tail of the old cow hide. I can
picture those teenage boys having a blast and it makes my heart smile
that he has such fond memories to look back on.
 |
| Using the saw to cut out the window. |
 |
| The chainsaw worked much better. |
 |
| Taylor, Naiya, Cadence |
 |
| Climbing to the loft |
 |
| Cow Hide |
 |
| That's a decomposing goat head she found in the loft! |
 |
| Swinging on the tail |
 |
| there are lots of fun things to find on the property. |
|
|
|
 |
| So pretty! |
 |
| Grandma's House |
 |
| Naiya was asked to paint this sign- it turned out so cute! |
1 comment:
You take such great pic's.
So fun to walk down memory lane.
Post a Comment