Monday, April 27, 2009

8 Years!

Today is our anniversary-8 years of marital bliss. It's not really blog-worthy but I just thought I'd put in down here for the record. My husband is spending our anniversary at an Indians game with my brother. I'm home cleaning the house and mowing the lawn. For many of our early anniversaries we spent the day moving. For one he was out of town (or was it 2?). I've been kind of gypped in the anniversary department, and even though I'm not really a let's-celebrate-our-love kind of gal, I'm totally using this as collateral. For our 10 year I want a real anniversary. I want to drop the kids off at grandma's, get on an airplane, and enjoy a relaxing trip for 2. Destination TBD, but it wouldn't hurt to have some awesome sites to visit, sunset walks on the beach, or candlelit dinners. A hot air balloon ride would be cool, a hike up the mountains, room service. Any or all of the above would be nice. At the rate we're going though we'll probably be too busy to even remember it's our anniversary. Or like today I'll get "Happy Anniversary" and a smooch as he rushes out the door. Bitter party of one? I think so.
No, I'm kidding. I give him crap about stuff but really I'm happy for him when he gets a chance to get out and do something fun. We've been married 8 years--big whoop, we'll be married 8 years tomorrow too. It really doesn't matter to me. I just like having an excuse to have date night or get a dinner out or maybe even a movie. Heck, any excuse to spend time with him is good in my book. I married him because I loved being with him so much and hated saying goodbye when he'd go home after our weekends together. Nothing has changed, I love being with him more now than I did back then. He's just awesome that way, easy going, overly friendly, always has a ready smile. There's not much not to like. And on days like today that have a special occasion behind them, I'm always more aware of how much I love being married to him. So Darin, if you read this and if I'm in bed when you get home, Happy Anniversary! Here's to Eternity!

6 comments:

Lauren -HCP said...

Congrats to you two!

Dad said...

Hey Babydoll, if you two want to do something I'd be glad to watch the kids for the evening. Or if it works out that you can get away, I could do a day or two. Just say the word and we'll work something out. Love ya,

Missy said...

Dude, dad, want to watch mine in August?

Darin, can't say she didn't tell you what she wants!

Love you both, happy anniversary.

Millie said...

Gee...now that I think of it I never celebrated an anniversary with him...we were always running the opposite direction.. ????that's bad! Our lives were always hi & goodby. YUCK!

Enjoy your day even if its cleaning...the beauty of your marriage and blessing is that all of you guys are healthy and in love with each other. That's what it is all about....right!
Check out my blog so you can see all I did today. wow!

http://2good4nana.spaces.live.com/

Dave said...

So, Kate...

Thanks for letting your baby-daddy spend your anniversary with me. We had a blast at the game (even if it was incredibly uneventful and the Tribe lost). We even persuaded all of the people that were sitting around us to change seats so Darin and I could spread out (I should say that they were subconsciously compelled to change seats). Ask Darin about the sweaty nachos. They rocked! I can't wait until you lend him to me again so we can go check out WOLVERINE (hint, hint)! Thanks again, and Happy Anniversary!

Susan said...

ABSOLUTELY YOU ARE GETTING GYPPED....SO MAKE SURE YOU GET YOUR 10 YEAR WISH...MAKE IT A PLAN.

And yes...I was yelling!