Monday, April 20, 2009

Sick Day

Spring break has come to an end. And it seems the only thing I have to show for it is a messy house and this head/sinus issue going on. Not sure what that's all about but a head cold definitely wasn't on my to-do list. It's kind of kicking my butt today (doesn't help that I stayed up too late, slept horribly, and got up too early). I had planned to get Calin on the bus then go back to bed, but of course I was too awake for that. And it didn't help that I was halfway through New Moon. I couldn't resist picking it up for a few minutes which then turned into hours. Luckily I finished the book so life can get back to normal. Not that it intervened that much this time. I started the book after church yesterday, Darin was gone all day anyway and the kids were entertaining each other, so no one really missed me. I enjoyed the book, maybe not as much as the first one, but I liked it. Again there was the eye-rolling though, I can't lie about that. I like the style of writing, so simple. Yet so predictable at the same time and I find myself wishing she'd hurry and get to what you know is already going to happen. No reason to drag everything out so much. Bella didn't bother me as much though, maybe b/c I was expecting worse? I don't know. She is annoying with how long it takes her to catch on to things. I can't figure out why Stephenie Meyer wrote her that way, it makes her much less likable. Oh well.
I'm looking forward to reading Eclipse, which is already on hold at the library. I'm 9th in line so I figure by the time it comes in enough time will have passed that Darin won't mind too much when I give up 2 more days of my life this series. At least I hope not.

4 comments:

Christy Jones said...

If I lived closer I would loan you the books, I read them a year ago. Very good read. I was never a big fan of Bella either and I have always prefered Jacob over edward.

Missy said...

I liked eclipse better than new moon. Get your name on the list for breaking dawn now.

Millie said...

I am very happy when I get sick. Its God's way of telling me I need to slow down and relax. He knows why you needed the rest. And I think God wants you to recuperate for the next upcoming event. Bless the moment and try to relax. I love you.

Keri said...

Katie my prob with Bella in the first book was how stinkin' clumsy she was. I mean come on, is anyone that accident prone.