Thursday, April 2, 2009

A real post.

So my husband turned 30 yesterday. He was able to take the day off and spend the day with his girls. No parties, nothing big. We just kept it simple. For much of the day Darin dragged us from store to store looking at bikes. He's got it in his head that we need to buy some bikes. As if we can afford it, but sometimes not even the fluttery batting of the eyelashes can change a man's mind. So needless to say there is now a pepto-bismol pink mountain bike sitting in my living room. Not my first choice of colors in a bike but it's the only one that was short enough that I could actually ride. It's nothing fancy, so don't bother asking for any details.
I gotta admit, I'm terrified. I haven't ridden a bike since I was probably 10. I can pretty much plan on getting banged up. But with any luck I'll drop a few pounds, build a little muscle, and have a ton of fun.


Since I haven't spent much time in the blogosphere lately I'm posting a few recent pics:

Darin successfully changed the brakes and rotors in both our cars. The kids lost interest in the project rather quickly and built a "house" of sorts.



Naiya waiting for me to finish doing my hair so I could do hers.


I was helping Calin with homework when we heard music coming from the bedroom.


Mama's little helper.


I love this little man.


And so does she.

7 comments:

Dave said...

Well, you and I now have bikes. Now we need to get Darin and Patricia some wheels so we can hit the trails! I am kinda stoked about getting our families together and riding (well, Gavin will be doing less riding and more being towed).

Dad said...

Good going on getting the brakes replaced on the car. That can sometimes turn out to be a lot of work and a big headache. As for the bicycles are concerned, A little bit air in my bike tires and I'm good to go. How far is a different matter. I at least start with around the block. Oh, by-the-way nice pictures.

leslie mae said...

what cutie pies!! I can't wait to see you guys this summer!!!

PS..I LOVE the color of your bike!!

Missy said...

Tell Darin to figure out how to get his bike from us! Love you all.

Susan said...

I think PINK is the perfect color. You will be noticed. I doubt the bike will get stolen altho I would get a good strong bike lock/chain and for Robert...I'd say be sure you have a helmet. He's huge on Helmets. but did 30 year old man, hubby, get a bike, too? or was it his bday gift to you?

Dan said...

Susan, he's waiting for me to ship his home from Idaho.

Dan said...

By the way, Kate, I want to make a tie out of your kitchen floor.