Hello internets. I've missed you. A friend from church loaned me the last 2 books in the Twilight saga. Not good, not good at all. Sunday night I finally got a chance to start reading. And could. not. stop.
Well, I gotta say, I enjoyed the saga very much. About halfway through Eclipse I got pretty irritated at Edward, but as I kept reading I got over it. Halfway into Breaking Dawn I found my self rolling my eyes again thinking it was just too over the top, but again as I kept reading things made more sense.
And so I enjoyed the books, much to my surprise. Originally I thought the entire idea of the story sounded so stupid that I planned on NOT reading them. Then after seeing everyone so gaga over it I thought I MUST read them. Then I thought again, NO, way too stupid, and what if it gives me nightmares? Finally I realized I just needed to read them myself to form my own opinion and see what all the fuss is about. But I do love a nice entertaining book with a little bit of romance, a little bit of action, a little bit of suspense; it was a good balance.
So would I recommend them? Well, depends on who you are. If you are prudish or get offended easily, no, don't bother reading them (and I don't mean that as an insult). If you don't mind a little romance (it was a bit lusty, but not overly detailed) then sure, pick it up. But be prepared and have the next books lined up because waiting just might drive you crazy. And if you're anything like me and have a hard time putting a book down, you might want to clear your schedule as much as you can to accommodate the frenzied reading. And a suggestion on a slightly different note, it doesn't hurt to have your husband around if you tend to be a little hormone driven. Hey, I'm just saying, and if that offends you, then you probably won't like the books.
And so there you have it. I'm still debating on how much I loved the books. I'm not joining the crazed Twilight cult or anything but I will definitely be reading them again. Thanks to those of you who shared your enthusiasm for the books with me, and to those who shared your books. :)
7 comments:
Well Kathleen, nice book report. You said they were good books, and you recommend reading them. Would I like reding them? It reminded me of those days in your life, before boys, when you would read books and nothing in the world world would interrupt you. It was amazing. It didn't matter what was going on around you, or what your sisters or brothers were doing, it would not distract you. I wonder if it were your books that got to bringing those poor little misfit boys home with you. Did all those books make you think that you could help those lost boys? Just kidding. I'll talk to later about these books you just finished. Love ya.
you're hilarious! glad you finally got to finish the series. I have a long car trip coming up and prepared by getting the books on CD. Should make the time go faster
ha ha, go Darin! (Curtis benefited from them too)
Darin and Curtis and I are all in the same boat. So for any husbands out there who don't mind trading a little more kid duty for a little more... anyway- buy your wife the books (or borrow them for her) and you probably won't be disappointed.
Tyler benefited too. He said I should read them again this summer. :) That's what I plan on doing once kids are out of school. That way, I won't have to stop to run back and forth to school and other activities.
so you don't want to go around wearing a TWILIGHT zipped hoodie as did the woman I worked with yesterday did? Loved the comment by your day...interesting insight, Ken.
i love it! i am so glad that you enjoyed them! and i love the way you put things... soooo soooo true!
Post a Comment