Saturday, June 20, 2009

Duct Tape Day

I've had a crazy busy month over here! But it's all good and things are calming down so I'm looking forward to some true R&R for the next few weeks until we set out to Idaho. So the last month, yeah, where did it go? Soccer, scouts, T-ball for one. Balancing those 3 in May was a little much when added to time I spent at the kids schools, and time spent doing projects at my mom's house. Not to mention church stuff, sick kids, babysitting, library runs, and all the rest. I like to be busy, but there is such a thing as too much. Luckily, everything finally came to an end and the next thing I knew, the family came to visit from Idaho/Wyoming. My sister and her kids, my brother & SIL, my grandparents, and my aunt & uncle. It was a fun busy time. But now things are going to calm down a bit. I hope. At least we only have T-ball left.

Photos have been sparse lately. I haven't remembered to take my camera or I haven't bothered to use it. Still though, I've found a few photo's I'd like to post so look for them in coming posts.

First though, in honor of today's duct tape parade and festival. I did not remember my camera (sad) so I didn't get any shots of Calin marching in the parade wearing his duct tape mardi-gras mask or any of the kiddos on the rides. But here is an afterthought of Naiya showing her duct tape spirit:


This photo from last month shows how much she truly appreciates the broad use of duck brand duct tape. Her newest thing is using tape to decorate boxes or construction paper. And occasionally, the kitchen floor.

3 comments:

Keri said...

That is too funny. Duct tape day. Who'da thunk it. I too must share my love of duct tape and the many uses for it, including repairs, holding boxes together, lableing on totes, and the hushing of mouths. So here's to you mighty duct tape and to mother's sanity everywhere.

mom said...

I hope your little one is more trust worthy with scissors then someone else we all know and love. Her hair is too pretty for a self haircut.
You should have told everyone you've been extra busy everyday at your mom's before all the family arrived getting my house in order. I can never thank you enough. You did a great job.

Dad said...

We too felt that hectic craziness with the family that you mentioned. We were glad that they came. I know that they all said that tey were glad to get back home. This morning I woke up and the house was quiet. Niiicce. by-the-way, I enjoyed Calin's t-ball game.