I'd heard somewhere that head wounds bleed a lot. Or maybe I read that in Twilight? Still nothing really prepared me for the sight of my daughter's face dripping with blood. That was pretty interesting. I quickly ran her to the bathroom and wiped the blood away with toilet paper so I could locate the offending gash, but at the same time I was screaming "what happened?" to Calin so I could figure out how bad it was. He had fled the room thinking I would be mad and he was probably scared/sad that his sister was bleeding. 3 seconds later I realized my screaming was freaking Naiya out so I quickly calmed down and reassured both of them that she was fine and I just needed to know what had happened. He had been spinning her around in my computer chair when it tipped over and she hit her head on a blunt corner. Who knew such a small cut could bleed so profusely? The blood covered her forehead, down her eyes, and was dripping down her nose. Ouch! I wish I could have gotten a picture of her covered in blood but in the moment I wasn't really thinking about that kind of thing. I was more worried about her and getting the bleeding stopped (see, I'm really not that horrible of a mother). Anyhow, a figured a trip to the ER was needed. They glued it shut, gave her a popsicle and that was that.
Welcome to my blog! Here you'll find pictures of my life as well as the ramblings and rants from my easily sidetracked mom brain.
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Ouch!
I'd heard somewhere that head wounds bleed a lot. Or maybe I read that in Twilight? Still nothing really prepared me for the sight of my daughter's face dripping with blood. That was pretty interesting. I quickly ran her to the bathroom and wiped the blood away with toilet paper so I could locate the offending gash, but at the same time I was screaming "what happened?" to Calin so I could figure out how bad it was. He had fled the room thinking I would be mad and he was probably scared/sad that his sister was bleeding. 3 seconds later I realized my screaming was freaking Naiya out so I quickly calmed down and reassured both of them that she was fine and I just needed to know what had happened. He had been spinning her around in my computer chair when it tipped over and she hit her head on a blunt corner. Who knew such a small cut could bleed so profusely? The blood covered her forehead, down her eyes, and was dripping down her nose. Ouch! I wish I could have gotten a picture of her covered in blood but in the moment I wasn't really thinking about that kind of thing. I was more worried about her and getting the bleeding stopped (see, I'm really not that horrible of a mother). Anyhow, a figured a trip to the ER was needed. They glued it shut, gave her a popsicle and that was that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Poor thing. At least she is still smiling.
fyi next time something happens like that, they liquid band-aid over the counter. We have a supply of it. we had to need it the hard way. kenzie had a head wound like Neiya's almost looked identical. just in a different spot.
I remember one day Billy (3 yrs. old) decided it would be great to jump on the bed. Well he fell in between the wall and the bed upside down and when I got him out, he had a huge ball of blood on his forhead. He looked like Herman Munster. He had hit the floor so strongly that he was lathargic. I had to take him to the hospital and he had to stay over night because he had suffered a concosion. When my kids fell or got a cut I always kissed it and they were off to play again. That was the best remedy.
I just came from your house a couple of hours ago. I didn't even know that anything had happened to her. I guess to her it was just another boo-boo.
aahhhhh...glue! so much nicer than stitches and staples
Post a Comment