Friday, July 24, 2009

Harry Potter and the Crushers.

This last week has been full of cleaning, organizing, and Harry Potter. I've avoided doing pretty much anything else and it's been nice. I've been a homebody to the core, trying to finish projects and during my breaks reading through the Harry Potter series. No, wait. Truth be told, it's more like I've spent my time reading and doing projects on my breaks. Oh well, it's nice to have weeks like that. I'm enjoying the books alot, I'm not obsessed over them like I was with Twilight but still rather taken up in the story. I started book 5 last night, which is just after Voldemort rises again (this is my first time through the series, so no spoilers!). Last night I dreamt that I was at church and Voldemort was trying to kill me. I remember Voldemort standing at the pulpit in front of the congregation and I was darting from classroom to classroom trying to find a place to hide (I was an underage witch so the few spells I did know I wasn't allowed to use). At some point in the dream an older wizard turned me into a little black spider so I could hide easier, and eventually I recall a little girl getting killed in the foyer just outside the chapel doors. I think she was trying to help me hide? Not sure. Course the dream was much more detailed than that, but you get the idea. I think I should probably avoid reading after midnight, but I couldn't resist picking it up (I'd been waiting for it all day) and got a late start b/c we took Calin to the Crushers game last night (Thanks, Dad, for watching Naiya) and afterward stuck around so Calin could run the bases. Of course that was the moment my memory card decided it was full so this is the only shot I got:

We had front row seats right at first base, you know, in foul ball zone. I made the mistake of letting Darin pick the seats, no way would I have chosen to sit in the very spot the ball flies to repeatedly with very little warning. I don't like things hurtling at my head, least of all a high-speed baseball. I managed to avoid getting hit, but a small boy 2 rows behind me got smacked right in the back. Poor kid, hearing him cry almost made me burst into tears.


And here's a few other photos from this week:

Calin didn't quite get the memo about me not liking things thrown at me, but we had a blast playing frisbee the other day.

Calin teaching Naiya how to steer the Gator (she ended up in the hedges a few times, but she'll get the hang of it).

She was so sweet to swing her baby (it's hiding in her left arm).

And I think those sticks means she also took her camping.

Naiya playing "library" with her light up wand. She pulled the movies off the shelf and scanned the barcodes one by one.

And here's the kids today driving through the swamp in the backyard.

4 comments:

Dan said...

Great pics, Kate!

Keri said...

I love the tierra and boa on while driving a tractor. Nothin' white trash about that girl. She's queen of the trailer park. lol

Susan said...

absolutely wonderful accounting for your week. be a homebody! read the books! have good scary nightmares! (and then they don't come true). Super!

Dad said...

I was glad to watch Naiya for you while you were at the game. I'm glad that you and the family had a good time. thanks for the good times shown in the pictures.