As I said, this vacation was crazy. It started with what I thought was a casual meet-and-greet type job interview and of course the next thing I know, I'm moving to Idaho. This was quite an unexpected twist of events but it is what it is. Darin will be taking over a bank in Driggs, Idaho which was recently bought out by US Bank. When I thought I wanted to move to Idaho, Driggs was never an option. This is a tiny little town, an hour drive from real civilization (aka, Walmart) and I'm a bit terrified to move there. There have been more tears than I can count, a lot of bitter anger, and a flat out refusal to go. But in the end, I don't think I have much choice. This is what Darin wants, and dare I say this is what the Lord wants for us. So we're moving. I am so sad to leave Avon, I love this town and the schools and the friends. But I don't really know what Driggs has in store for us. For all I know I'll be a million times happier there (lets hope so at least). Guess we'll find out. I have finally accepted that this is happening, and I'm looking forward to a new adventure. I keep thinking of Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin's words "Come what may, and love it." I think if I'm going to survive this that will have to be my new mantra.
The beautiful Teton Valley, (elevation 6000 something feet). I wish I could have got a clearer shot of the Tetons, but the clouds weren't cooperating.
Our new little home (Gotta love the trees!)

Darin's new Bank (which is within walking distance, or, a literal one-minute drive).
8 comments:
I couldn't be happier that you are moving to Idaho. Well, I guess if it was Rigby I could be, but it's only an hour. Plenty close for frequent visits. I am happy for you.
It will be sad to see you leave Avon and I'm sure your mom will be sad but I'm excited for you. Its a cute house and it will be nice to have Darin working so close to home. We'll miss you!
Congratulations! It might not be exactly where you thought you would end up but I've learned that the Lord knows what he's doing, even if it doesn't feel like it. At least your moving with everything in place already, your house looks really cute. I'm excited for you.
Holy Smokes! We will miss you guys! (know I shouldn't say this but I wish you could stay~!)
Hey why are you moving? I will miss you guys. I love the new house. It is beautiful. My kind of home.
There's lots of banks in Utah. That's atleast closer to me. Atleast your house has green around it to remind you of Ohio.
Your mother is going to suffer a great loss, with you and your family going. Good Luck
What a beautiful area, what a great house, and how fun he'll be so close.
Jill
Post a Comment