Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Spring Break

Spring break is under way here at our house.

Day 1 the boys went snowboarding and I took Naiya to do a craft at the library. The weather turned ugly and the boys headed home early. 5-6 inches of snow later I began to realize why everyone else has gone out of town for Spring Break (if we were rich we would have too).

Day 2 was the same as day 1, but the sun came out and melted most of the new snow (there is still a foot of it in my backyard of course).

Day 2/pm. I got really depressed that there is NOTHING to do here. My plans to spend several hours shopping tomorrow needed to change and I think I was a bit devastated to realize there is nothing else to do here and no one to do it with anyhow. It's not like Ohio where you can head to Cleveland for some fun or play with friends (I miss having friends) or just chill at Grandma's house (I miss that most of all). So as I sometimes do, I got pretty mad that I'm living in the middle of nowhere. Sure it's beautiful and something about this places makes me happy, but I'd trade it for "home" in a heartbeat. I really miss my old life. If I could just move Avon, and all the the places I love going to, and all my favorite people right here to this valley my life would be absolutely perfect. Unfortunately I have to choose one or the other, and Darin's vote, and job, is here. So yeah.

Day 3 (today) I managed to wake up in housework mode. I have gotten an incredible amount of chores done, it's 6:30 and this is the first time I've sat down all day (except while folding laundry). I love days when I've been productive, it always cheer me up.

Day 4 I'll be headed out of town to get some shopping done (Darin has a b-day coming up) and taking my MIL to a dr's appointment. Then Missy and fam are coming to play until Saturday!

Day 5 Playing

Day 6 Saturday- so is it still technically spring break? There's a pinewood derby car that needs built so the boys will spend the day at the in-laws borrowing tools. I imagine us girls will go visit with Grandma while we're waiting, but we haven't yet checked to see if she has plans.

Day 7 Sunday, church as usual. This will be Darin's first week as Elder's Quorum President. I think they're going to release us as Sunday School teachers. I'm pretty bummed about that, I loved listening to Darin teach the 14-15 year olds, he did such a great job and I really enjoyed the kids. After church is dinner with the in-laws.

And that takes us back to Monday, back to the grind.
Why did I type out my schedule? Well like I said above, there is NOTHING to do and this is the first time I've sat down today, and I needed and excuse to extend it. Ha!

8 comments:

Missy said...

sorry there is nothing to do in your neck of the woods. Not much here either. But it is not spring break for us yet.
I am excited to come and play!

Dad said...

With life as such, look at the bright side. You have already got things mapped out until Monday and then the routine repeats. So with everything going as norm, you shouldn't be stessed at all.

Nikki said...

I am sorry Kate. We miss you here.

Memories of the Friendliest Ghost said...

I hear ya. We haven't done much either. I should have called you, and you could of come over and played rock band or something. My kids haven't wanted to go anywhere either. I hope you have a fun time playing with Missy and her family.

mom said...

I wish you could come hang out too. Or wiggle your nose and move everything you want out there. Your friends here can't wait for you to come and play.
Glad you got cleaning done. That always made me feel better, too.
I'm finally getting your sister's boxes of kid clothes ready to send and feeling like I accomplished something. I've also been reminiscing as I've pulled out clothes I bought for Calin when he was a baby. Long time ago, huh.

Keri said...

You should have made a trip to Utah! The boys could have gone snowboarding with Ty. He went Wednesday.

Millie said...

I miss you sweety. HUGS!

http://2good4nana.spaces.live.com/

Susan said...

really sorry kate. I've been in your state of mind and itIS pure misery. maybe summer will make things better.

but you can always insist oncoming home.