We took the kids ice skating on Saturday, and they had such a blast. They both did really well for the their first time. I figured I'd better start them young while it doesn't hurt so much to fall down. And boy did they fall down, Calin took quite a beating but as always it didn't phase him one bit. There was a puck and some hockey sticks hanging around the rink and he couldn't resist trying. And every time he swung to hit the puck, he ended up on his butt. Naiya pushed a chair around on the ice to help her balance but still fell a ton, half the time she'd just lay there for a few minutes staring at the roof before we had to call to her to get up so she didn't get run over. It was so fun to watch (sorry no pics). I did skate for like 10 minutes hanging onto Darin's hand, but that's about all I could take b/c my skates were killing me. I don't think I care for it all that much, but I'll try again some time.
Remember Valentines day? So did we. We pulled out a ton of craft supplies and made Valentines for each other and for the kids grandparents. Well mom and dad, yours obviously never made it. But I think Naiya has Easter craft plans so we'll send them then. Anyhow, here's a pic of the mess, and our new plastic table. That's pretty much the entire space for the table, which is why we needed one so narrow. We've got room to sit in the chairs and that's it.
4 comments:
What fun times. Your such a good mom.
Making things with your children is so important. Both for their creativeity, and for the memories. I can't to see some of the results.
I wonder if Calin is taking after you w the strep throats? Your record was 13 in one year. I couldn't believe they didn't take your tonsils out but back then it wasn't what they pushed. Doc said one more and he would but you never got it again for quite a while so you still have them.
Hope next time you get pics when you go skating. You used to enjoy roller skating but ice skating is a whole other thing. I used to go all the time at Lakeview Park when I was growing up. Your adventure brought back memories. Thanks.
Mom, yes, she spent a lot of time at Skate World back in the day, but it's hard to tell how much skating actually took place!
Post a Comment