Occasionally, my house will start to look like this. Some days are just so busy there isn't time for putting everything away, and then if I get two of those days in a row it's even harder to catch up. Throw in a 3rd day and I'm just screwed, it will take 2 more days to recover. That's what has been going on over here. Luckily by now the house is almost back to normal.
Sometimes, the weeks are busy AND emotionally trying. Some days parenting can be awfully hard on the heart, and I had a few this week. I worry and fret and cry myself to sleep completely devastated and think I'm doing everything exactly wrong. But then those days pass and I am left wondering what all the heartache was about in the first place. Or maybe that's just the way it works around here b/c Calin is Calin. I don't ever have this problem with Naiya. Hmm....
Anyhow.
Calin came down with strep today. I noticed after his game last night that his voice seemed off, like he might have swollen tonsils (a mom can tell these things about her kids). We hit up community care first thing in the morning so we could get him on meds right away so he can make it to field day tomorrow. He missed field day last year due to a broken collar bone, and I think he missed the year before that b/c he was sick. So this year, I wanted to make sure he could go. It's been a weird bout of strep, I don't know if it's b/c we caught it early or what, but he hasn't felt or acted sick at all, no fever, nothing. I guess another kid in his class had it yesterday and it was the same, no sick-like symptoms. Since he was acting fine I sent him to play outside so he didn't germ up the house while I was trying to disinfect everything.
| Sliding down the dirt hill. I hope the neighbor boys don't catch it! |
In other news, Dan was awesome enough to come sit with Calin tonight so I could take Naiya to her first Daisy Scout awards ceremony.
Naiya is the 3rd in from the left. Look how much smaller she is than all the other girls (4 girls are missing). The rest of those pictured are 1st graders and will be moving on to brownies in the fall, along with their awesome leaders, Nikki and Lucy. Sad! But Naiya was so excited to get a bunch of new patches and prizes for selling over 200 boxes of cookies. Way to go, girlie!


2 comments:
Cleaning is overrated-just have to do it again and again and again. Dang it! I can appreciate the need to stay up on it tho.
Sorry about Calin. Sure hope you don't get it. You sure had enough of it as a kid.
Naiya might be the smallest but she's the cutest. Congrats to her on the badges.
Again, knock on wood, but I don't think I've ever had strep, have I?
Post a Comment