Friday, May 20, 2011

Calin's Birthday

My little man turned 9 today! He got to spend the day on a field trip to the flood museum, and his baseball game was rained out so we had more time for his party. The Nielsen's and Bruderer's joined us and, as always, we had a fun time celebrating. He finally got a much needed new bike and a few other things he requested.

Opening gifts.

He and Naiya have been on a Monopoly kick lately so we got him the original version so they don't ruin Darin's Lord of the Rings version.

Kids=Chaos

 

5 comments:

Susan said...

9 already! amazing. And look how intent he appears as he enjoys the gifts. There a store called...?...well, I can't remember but it sells this addition to Monopoly so you can actually land on a square, "ride"up in the elevator to a 2nd level...new money and new properties. I'll look for it next time I go...to whatever the store is. I know it...just can't come up with it.

mom said...

Hard to believe Naiya likes Monopoly. Good for her. Bet Calin likes being the banker. Hard to believe he's 9. I sure miss those kids.
Aren't you glad for a nice big house to be able to entertain all the family in?

Keri said...

Happy, Happy, Birthday Calin dear.

Welcome to my World. said...

wow. 9. I remember visiting you in the hospital when you had him!!

Paul and Nicole Rhien said...

His face opening presents totally reminds me of Darin. Happy Birthday old dude...can't believe he's 9!