Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Harvest Break

This year for Harvest Break the kids had all week off, plus another Monday for teacher inservice. Since we had such a long break we decided to skip one more day of school and drive out to Ohio to visit my family. On the way, we stopped to visit Darin's parents who are on their mission in Nebraska. They put us up for the night and then showed us around the trail center before we headed on our way.



It was a quick trip, we spent just 7 days in Ohio but it was worth it. Darin was able to get in a SCUBA trip and some golfing along w/Calin, and the kids got their wish of going to Apple Hill and the zoo. I mostly just wanted to see my family. So while it was a simple vacation, we all still had a great time.

Great Grandma (90) and Grandpa (94) O'Connor
This girl is always begging me to take her picture.
The Bruderer's joined us for Apple Hill and the Zoo.
Gavin at Apple Hill



Gotta love all the Bruderers doing Dave's classic tongue pose.
Notice that 4 year old Gavin is bigger than 6 year old Naiya.
Again with the hugging. Always the hugging.


Checking out the "dark" maze




Heading to the zoo, Dave drove us in his mini-van and I have to admit, I'm almost sold on owning one.

Making goofy faces for the camera.


Dave, Gavin, Calin, Darin, & Naiya.

My little Monkey Man.
Monkey See, Monkey Do.
I love this messy haired little girl!

Dave being his goofy self.

Death by wolf statue.

This boy LOVES his daddy!
 
Overlooking the seals.

I sure wish these guys didn't live so far away!
The trip was too short and the drive too long. The kids were wonderful in the car but it's still not fun to drive for that long. I was thankful to have all that time off from my responsibilities, and to have 11 whole days to spend with my husband! That was definitely the best part! Hopefully the next trip will be longer.

5 comments:

Welcome to my World. said...

Sounds - and looks - like it was a great vacation!

Keri said...

What a fun, wonderful trip. I'm glad you guys were able to make it back home. I wish all the Ohio fam lived closer. And that the Utah fam, (cough cough) lived closer to Idaho fam.
OH, and Holy Heck Dave is lookin' good.

mom said...

Glad you enjoyed your time here. I sure did. Thanks for coming.

Nicole said...

Looks like fun. I stole your picture and posted it on my parents blog. Hope that's ok...they don't take many pictures, and I wanted to add some excitement to their mission blog.
Thanks for stopping to see them.

Tracy Payne said...

Looks like you guys had fun! How awesome that BOTH your great Grandparents are still alive together. What a blessing!