Monday, September 26, 2011

Random news

September is usually the month I post the most often, but I've really been slacking.  Honestly, there isn't much going on outside of school and the kids activities. I let the kids choose 3 things to be involved in outside of school, which is pretty manageable when you only have 2 kids. Calin is doing cub scouts (well, since I'm a leader Naiya tags along and we all end up doing cub scouts), plus he has started piano lessons and tumbling. Naiya has Daisies, piano, and dance. They both seem to enjoy school this year and are learning lots. Naiya's teacher is amazing and I've already heard from Calin's teacher about what a bright young man he is, (and that he doesn't stop moving). The new principal seems great and the new PTO board has taken over the fundraisers. The playground isn't in yet, last I heard they were waiting for the concrete to set and so we haven't had anything to do yet.
We've had some car trouble put a damper on things this week. Darin took my car to work and thought I'd be fine to drive his to the temple but it didn't go so well, I ended up having to pray myself there. By the time I got to the temple I had lost all power to accelerate and the car stalled as I pulled into the parking spot b/c it was too overheated. On my way home I stopped every few minutes to let the engine cool slightly so I didn't end up stuck in the middle of an intersection. It took me 45 minutes to make what should have been less than a 10 minute drive.Very annoying. Luckily we still have my father-in-law's truck b/c there was no way either of us could do without a car for an entire week. The funny thing is after running a quick errand Darin popped the hood and found this scared little rabbit in the engine. Oops! I'm glad he was okay.

Darin ordered a new heater pipe (the other one had burst spraying radiator fluid everywhere) and I figured out how to install it once it finally came. It was super easy but it still makes me feel pretty good to have done it. Also, he must have been bit by the fix it bug b/c the next day he and my brother-in-law put in a much needed alternator belt that squealed to high heavens every time I started the car over the last few years. It's so nice not to hear that wretched noise every time I drive my car!

3 comments:

mom said...

I'm so glad you fixed the car. You are your father's daughter.
Sure glad the rabbit didn't get hurt.
You guys are going to be busy but that can be good since they are doing things they want to. Hope you've got a good calendar to keep track of the where's and when's.

Susan said...

my random comment...loved catching up on your news. Fixing a car? Sounds like something you could rejoice in doing. I woulnd't know how to begin nor would have the strength to get it done...physically that is. I'm a weakling.

Keri said...

Moal of the story is... When your car isn't working, remove the rabbit.