We had an awesome day today. Darin had been asked to help administer the sacrament to the residents of a nearby nursing home so we decided to go as a family. The sacrament meeting was short and sweet, the priesthood passed the sacrament and then there was time for testimonies since it was fast Sunday. The entire meeting was only an hour long, leaving us quite a bit of day left until we met up at Missy's house for dinner.
Since Darin has been wanting to see how Palisades Reservoir looks now that it has been mostly drained, we thought it'd be the perfect day for a Sunday drive. We packed a lunch and hit the road. The drive was wonderful, the changing leaves made the scene gorgeous, even with the lower water level.
 |
| Palisades in autumn |
 |
| It was a gorgeous spot to stop and have lunch. I wish we could have stayed all day. |
***
After Palisades we headed to Missy's house for dinner.
 |
| Dan and Calin played some football. |
 |
| The Gator has moved on to live with the Nielsens. Calin has outgrown it, and Ivan is the perfect size. |
 |
| Always doing back flips off the swings. |
It was a really wonderful day, topped off with a yummy slice of pie. Fall always puts me in the mood to bake, especially pies. I ended up freezing the last apple pie I made because we'd had so much already, and I'll be curious to see how it holds up when I finally decide to thaw it. Next up I'm going to try making some pumpkin roll. I love pumpkin roll, but Darin doesn't, and I'm not sure if any of the other Idaho family likes it, so I keep talking myself out of making it. I've heard it freezes well so I can always cut it into sections and freeze it so I'm not stuck with the entire thing. We shall see.
1 comment:
I wondered why you had sacrament meeting at a nursing home. Thanks for explaining. How far are you from the Plaisades? beautiful pic's and fun times with the fam.
Post a Comment