Thursday, October 25, 2012

Being 10.

I don't think I will ever understand the mind of a 10 year old boy. I will never know what makes them tick or why they do the things they do. I will never get it.
I made Calin a couple of egg salad sandwiches the other day. When he saw that there was still some egg left in the bowl, he spread it between the sandwiches to create this crazy beast:



We had several inches of snow fall this morning. My son put up no fight when I suggested pants. I thought how nice it was that he was being so sensible, until it came time to leave and he tried to go without a coat. He was not happy with that one. I had to explain that sometimes you wear a coat so you don't get wet, not just so don't get cold (it was still snowing). I also explained that if his immune system is compromised and he gets sick, he's forking over $100 for the doctor bill.

He wore the coat. Well, no. I should say he wore it to the bus stop, I can't say for sure what happened to it after that, but that's fine, he can make that choice on his own. 

I look forward to him coming home, b/c I can guarantee he will walk in the door without it on and complain about how it's SO HOT OUTSIDE! And I'll just smile and hug him and shake my head. I love that boy and despite my complaints, I adore his little quirks.

2 comments:

mom said...

Good for you. I kinda like my oldest gson too. Did he eat it all?

Welcome to my World. said...

It is so crazy to see how old your kids are getting!! Time just slips away, huh??