Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Spud Break

We had a pretty mellow break this year. I spent the week cleaning and reorganizing things and the kids spent their time watching TV and reading. I went through a ton of paper clutter, most of which has been hanging around since the last day of school in May. Shameful, I know! I was also glad to finally get the garage cleaned out and mopped.
I really wanted to fit in more play time, but there wasn't even enough time to finish the house. I feel a bit overwhelmed by life lately. I really enjoy working, but it has been difficult to find a new routine for cleaning. I fear I will  never get ahead of the chores. I think I need another 2 weeks off to get things finished, unfortunately that won't be until Christmas break. I don't think I can wait that long! Oh well. I guess I'll just keep trudging along doing little bits at a time and hope that one day I come out on top.

Reading Harry Potter during Spud Break.

2 comments:

mom said...

Sounds like you had a productive break. Is Naiya really reading HP?

Susan said...

Love this picture. it's as it should be....books, books, and more books!