Thursday, July 5, 2007

Angry American

Yesterday was the 4th of July and instead of feeling completely in love with this country I felt angry at those who are stupid enough to take advantage of their freedom. Walking home to my mom's house after the fireworks some stupid "kids" got to brawling in a parking lot. Noticing the commotion we tried to avoid it by cutting through the cars about 15 feet away. Next thing we knew we heard a gunshot and the group took off running in every direction. Darin and I were furious at how stupid those morons were. Why in a parking lot full of people? Why when they are surrounded by children? Why in a country where they have the freedom to do most anything do they choose to bahave in such a senseless manner and compromise their freedom? I am angry that my son was exposed to this. I am trying to protect his innocent childhood and something so precious as seeing fireworks on the 4th of July should not have been jaded like this. I did feel blessed that the gun sounded just like all the fireworks going off so he doesn't know about it, but still he saw the fighting and heard the swearing. He shouldn't have been in that situation and I feel bad for having put his life in danger, not that we knew what was going to happen. The whole thing was just really really stupid.
I wish people would think twice about what a blessing it is to live in this country and try to live their lives in a way that would improve it rather than destroy it. I am grateful for this country and for the freedoms my family enjoys. May God continue to bless this promised land and help those ignorant souls to see it for what it is.

Here is the most recent slideshow I created for myspace using pics from Calin's b-day (May 20) until today. Enjoy!

No comments: