Monday, February 11, 2008

I heart my kids!

I'm trying to do better at updating my blog but I live a pretty dull life. My biggest interest is my kids and well, lets be honest, you probably couldn't care less about my kids. But since it's my blog and their Grandmas care, I'm going to write about them away :P
They got a kick out using their tools on a real log (we don't have a fireplace, I brought it in so it could dry out for a scout campout).


We took the kids to the rainforest (at the zoo) on Saturday, another reward for Calin's smiley faces at school. He got 5 smileys this past week and Darin and I have noticed a huge change in his behavior. We've been working very diligently at being patient with him, trying harder to understand his motives, and have been positive parenting out the wazoo. It's a slow process but apparently our efforts are paying off.


Today, amongst the squabbling, I caught Calin teaching Naiya a few things (school was cancelled due to windchill):

I overheard him teaching her about the Plan of Salvation using this diagram on our fridge. I only caught the tail end though, when he got to the kingdoms, "I want to go here, not here or here."


"Your imagination is in your head" he explained as he tried to help her see a dinosaur in the pattern on the ceiling.


"This is the temple. These are the windows. This is the tree...." he pointed out on this picture of the Logan Temple

6 comments:

leslie mae said...

Your kids are SO cute! And despite what you may think, there are others besides the gramma's who want to see pictures of them!!!

Nikki said...

we went to the Rainforest on Saturday! too bad we didn't see you there!

Susan said...

we all care about your kids so keep writing. keeps me young.

Nicole said...

I love reading about the kids!

ben said...

i like the sibling interaction quotes. Irish usually tells cole "i ahve had it up to here with you" sounding like robyn and "if you arn't going to use it right then you don't get to have it"

leslie mae said...

Tag! You're it. You know the drill, check my blog for the lovely details!