Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Snowy Fun

I woke yesterday to a beautiful blanket of white snow and more coming down. And not just any snow--Snowman snow! Woohoo! We always have that powdery crap that can't even form a ball, let alone an entire man. So after school my girlfriend brought her kids over to play. The boys wrestled in the snow and the girls just kind of hung around and watched as us 2 moms set to rolling snowballs and building the snowman. We ended up with a 6 ft snowman (good thing she was there to help or I never would have gotten the guy together). It was so nice to have real snow. I know, I can't believe I'm saying it either! The tree branches are covered which makes the world just beautifully white. The only thing missing is the sunshine to make the snow glisten. Give it a few days I suppose, though by then it will probably be melted. I was sad for Darin though since this is his favorite snow-boarding snow and his boots are in Idaho and his new board is almost a year old and has yet to be ridden. So sad.

This is the view of my backyard from my kitchen window. The snowman is harder to see, but it's back by the fence to the left of the swingset.



My girlfriend took these next photos. Oh how I envy her Canon Rebel. Someday I'll have one of my own :)


3 comments:

ben said...

the picture of Naiya is splendiferous. or in simpe terms it is a great shot. print it/frame it/ and look at it.

Anonymous said...

the black and white photo is so wonderful,she is so cute.

Susan said...

what great faces!