Yet another August has passed with me left wondering where the month went. It started while we were on vacation with Darin taking this new job and me bawling my eyes out several times a day. Then we got home to Ohio and I had to turn off the tears and get to work packing. Then came 3 long days in the car. The first 2 days were fine but by day 3 we were all losing it. We started the day late b/c of a trip to the ER in Cheyenne to get some antibiotics for Calin who came down with strep. The drive that day, which was the shortest of all, seemed to be never ending. The kids wouldn't stop fighting nor could they stay calm or quiet for even a moment. Tension was high, and I was at my wits end. Even Darin was pretty cranky by day 3 and it's probably a good thing we were in separate cars and got no reception in the canyons. One good thing came out of day 3 though, I discovered Hoback Canyon. This place is somehow different than the other canyons I have been in and I fell in love instantly. Definitely my new favorite place and I can't wait to go back and explore and take some photos.
The last few days have been busy as well, running errands, Darin starting work, Calin starting school, and the unpacking. It's all very overwhelming and it's going to take several weeks to get settled in and figure out a way to set up this house. (Dad, if you get a chance, please walk me through changing a few outlets from 2 prong to 3). I can't really believe we're here, it all happened so fast and now the month is practically gone. Heck, the whole summer is gone! Hopefully things slow down in September and I'll have my head back straight. We'll see.
7 comments:
You didn't tell me about the ER! Where is Hobac Canyon? Labor day weekendable? If you think I could help, I can. We could come this weekend. Don't know if I would help or hinder. Can't wait to visit.
Sorry to hear that the third day was a tense one. Hey, two out of three aint bad. Darin had told me about Calin's strep-throat. I'll see what I can do about the three prong outlets for you. and Yes the Hobac area is nice. My father used to take us there when I was young. He used to hunt there. You'll have to tell me why you were there. Catch ya later.
there is always september to get more things done. good 4 you in finding a new
'love'
You can now wonder why we did that same trip every year with the 5 of you. Think we were crazy? Probably. It's also why we did it as quickly as possible. Of course we weren't driving a moving truck. Beware of the blue signs-remember?
Wow, you're gone already?? That was fast!! I wish you the best and your new house is cuuute!! Do you like it??
Oh sister welcome to craziness. I've been there for quite awhile. It's kinda fun. lol. Just remember to take a very deep breath and relax. The house will come together in due time. Until then don't stress. Enjoy this crazy time because it will be gone before you know it. Hope to see you all soon. Love you sis.
i hope that you get settled in soon and it starts to feel like home! :)
Post a Comment