I admit it, I've been avoiding my blog. Due to my recent change in circumstances and my shameful negativity, I've decided it best not to put those things in writing. But now I'm thinking maybe I'll feel better if I just get it out. So here's me whining, and next post will be more positive, I promise. Don't bother reading it, it's just me venting since I hate being dishonest in my feelings.
I have spent a lot of time crying these last few weeks. This has been a very difficult move for me. If it was just me and Darin, it wouldn't really be a problem, I think I'd love it here. But it's not just me and Darin, we've got kids to think about. Now the way Darin sees it, this is the place to grow up where the mountains are your playground. I certainly agree with this. But, I also want the other things a city has to offer, easy access shopping, good sports programs, good schools, museums, professional sporting events, etc. So far I can deal with the lack of most of these things. Soccer here is sad with the pop-up goals that don't stay put, but even that is fine, it's just a game. It's the school that's killing me. I have avoided writing much about it b/c I have nothing good to say. But even Calin said yesterday to me "you should have kept me in that other school, they're doing first grade stuff here" or something along those lines. Before we moved I realized he would be ahead, but I didn't realize that meant that after this year, he'd end up behind. Not good.
I dislike his teacher, too. She's older and it's obvious she's got outdated practices. And no behavior plan either. She pretty much said if anything serious happened she'd make Calin call me. Great, good idea, use his parent as a threat, I'm sure that's very helpful. Way to make me look like the bad guy. Where's the motivation to be good?
The pickup after school is nuts too. Last week a note was sent home explaining new pickup procedures. Apparently NO ONE read it except me. (Oh, and as a sidenote, the note he sent was signed "Rich." No last name, no title, nothing. I had no idea who Rich was, but have since discovered he's the principal, how funny is that!)
I'd like to go to the PTA mtg and get a feel for how things are run, and get involved, but it's right after school. Um, do they actually want parents to attend? Or do they schedule it during the time you need to be caring for your children on purpose so they don't have to hear any complaints or suggestions about how they run their school?
Preschool isn't going much better. We still haven't signed Naiya up for one. Most people around here don't seem to bother with preschool. I think it's necessary and Naiya has been begging to go since we got here. But it's either a super pricey private center, daycare "school", or out of someone's house. Um, no. We're waiting to hear back from headstart, that may be our best bet.
Meanwhile, it's freakin cold here. We've been freezing at night, I guess it's time to test out the heaters. And since we're all so cold, I'll have to take yet ANOTHER trip to Idaho Falls to find Calin (and me) some winter clothes. Shopping was simple in Avon when all the stores were within 5 minutes and we could spend an hour here and there finding clothes. But since IF is 90 minutes away, we're going to have to make a day of it. I'm usually done after 2-3 hours, and the kids most certainly are, so this isn't looking good.
Okay I'm done whining. Now I'll post something more positive.
3 comments:
drop the kids here when you shop. Or I will get them after they are done!
Give it time. Darin turned out OK. [for the most part] Sorry you can't change the weather. Not much you can do about some of the other things either so go with the flow.
There are going to be 'pros and cons' no matter where you go. Count your blessings, and concentrate on the good things.
Post a Comment