Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas

We had a really fabulous low-key Christmas. Christmas Eve was quiet and Darin only had to work half day, so that was nice. We baked cookies for Santa and sprinkled reindeer food and opened a few gifts before bedime. Christmas morning was presents then a bit of food prep, then off to Grandma's house for breakfast, more gifts, and some relaxation. My boys headed up to the ski hill for some snowboarding while the rest of us did a jigsaw puzzle and dinner prep. My FIL took me up to the hill for a bit to check on the boys and take some pictures. Boy was Calin in heaven. He loves snowboarding every bit as much as Darin does. He only started on the bunny hill but he was doing pretty good by the end so they'll take the lift next time. After dinner we played some games then headed home for bed. It was nice to have such a calm Christmas but I did miss the chaos of an Ohio Christmas.







3 comments:

Dad said...

I am glad that you had a good Christmas. It sounds like you had a really big day. The snowboarding sounds and looks like lots of fun. Sunday and this morning (28th Dec) we finally got enough snow to warrant using the snow plows on the streets. There was no snow Christmas day.

mom said...

Glad you missed the chaos of Ohio. I did too. It was definitely alot quieter around here than in years past. I also have too many cookies still sitting here. I forgot to send some home with David yesterday. Robin F ask me at Church if I made cake balls. Sadly, I told her no, the recipe just made too many. She thinks of you when she makes them. I'm glad we tried them w/ the GC cause those are her fav she said. I told her about your 'oil' disaster w/ yours. Fun memories. Maybe we'll make them next time I'm out there and everyone will be around.

Keri said...

Merry Christmas Herzy family. We missed you guys.