Monday, December 14, 2009

New calling

Well, we have water again, and the pipe that burst has been replaced. I'm very grateful to be able to wash my hands under a faucet of warm water again :)
Things have been so busy here. For the last 3 days I've been rushing from one thing to the next. Any time spent at home was spent madly rushing through projects, with the exception of a very uncomfortable nap (I fell asleep in an armchair while folding the laundry). So naturally my house is a mess. And naturally, instead of cleaning it I'm wasting my time on the internet. Seems like the appropriate start of a Monday morning, right?
Anyhow, I received another calling at church. I'll be the assistant to the activity days leader. Or is it called achievement days? Whichever. I guess this gal has been in since October and trying to do it alone. And with 18 girls, and 3 kids of her own, I'm surprised they didn't get her help sooner. I'm excited about this assignment, much more than the other ones anyhow. I'm still on the enrichment committee, which is fine, and I guess I'm technically a Sunday school teacher, Darin and I are supposed to team teach the 14-15 year olds. But really Darin does it and I just pipe in my 2 cents every now and then. So they're pretty easy callings, and not very demanding, which is exactly what I need right now. I think Activity days will be really fun. I don't know much about it, I think it's girls ages 8-11 and we get together twice a month and have some fun. Do a craft, or teach them to bake something, or a service project, or just something fun. I'll find out more soon since my first meeting will be this Wednesday. Regardless though, I look forward to working with the girls and I think I'll really enjoy it.

5 comments:

Keri said...

Congrats on all the callings. I feel the load of several callings, but I also feel the blessings. People often ask me why I don't get rid of a calling. I say, why would I get rid of my blessings.

Britani said...

I've been doing Activity Days for almost a year and a half, and I love it!! It's fun as long as the girls aren't brats, but we have sweet, fun girls for the most part who are excited to do everything we do, so it's fun!! Good Luck!!

Dad said...

It's funny, but just before I opened up the blogs, I was wondering if you got the water problem solved and if you got that pipe replaced. I am glad that you answered my questions. You will do a great job with the girls in this new calling. Have fun and grab onto this opportunity and give yourself and those girls a world of enjoyment.

mom said...

That will be a neat calling for you. You'll be a great example for them. I'm thinking of all the baking skills you could teach them, too-apple pies, PB or Andies mints cookies, cake balls-I must be missing your baking talents now that the holidays are here. Remember the fun we had last year making those cake balls?

Missy said...

hey, that is my calling! I teach the 11-12 year old girls every other Sunday and do the activities twice a month (I have a partner). We just made gingerbread houses. I work with the 10 and 11 year old girls. Ours are split into 2 groups because there are so many. It is like YW, just younger. I am starting to really like it. We can swap ideas and activities.