Thursday, December 10, 2009

C's new snowboard

Out here the schools do mandatory winter sports. The kids can choose between skiing (alpine or cross country), snowboarding, ice skating, or swimming. Calin is going to do snowboarding, which I think is the most expensive thing on the list. But even still I cannot withhold such joy from him, or his father. Darin scoured the internet and found a good deal on a snowboarding package, which will be cheaper than renting equipment in the long run. Calin should be able to get a few years out it, then we can pass it on to Naiya. Anyhow, the snowboard came today and to be honest, I can't tell which of my boys was the most excited. Those 2 are going to have a world of fun up on the hill, that's for sure.






I can't believe how much he looks like Darin in this photo:


6 comments:

Dad said...

I am glad to see an activity come up that is going to be of such interest for both the father and the son. The pictures are great. I really like the one with the goggles on...the boy from Mars.

Keri said...

Looks like Darin and Calin and uncle Tyler will all have to make plans to go. And we women folk can have hot chocolate ready for them when they get home. Fun times.

Susan said...

um...how good is your insurance. get the name of a good bone guy fast. Just to have it on hand. In case!

mom said...

Fun for him! Interesting that the schools require something like that. Do they still have PE?

Kate said...

Yes they still have PE, 3 times a week I think. The winter sports only runs for 5 Tuesdays. They leave school after lunch and get done around dinner time.

mom said...

That's neat. How fun for them.