Friday, July 2, 2010

Last Day

Our last day in Ohio. Grandpa built a fire to roast hotdogs and marshmallows. Naiya's legs were a bit toasty so close to the fire so grandpa set her up with a board to protect them. I think they had a good time. I didn't stick around to enjoy the fun though. I headed out for a girls night instead.


This has been such a wonderful vacation. My favorite vacation thus far. It wasn't big and flashy and extravagant, but it was home. It was visiting with all the people I've come to love there over the last 29 years; my old friends, my new friends, and especially my family. It was seeing the places I love, and doing the things I enjoy. It was simply being home, and it couldn't have been more perfect.

1 comment:

Dad said...

This morning I removed the bricks for our temporary fireplace. It made me feel kind of sad. But on the good side. I get to make it again when Melissa comes. I still have a lot of wood in that yellow wagon that need to be burned.