Grandma B wanted to get her a necklace, and this is the one Naiya chose. I ended up putting it on a thicker chain b/c I was worried this one would break too easily.
Missy lent me some cake supplies to make her this pink flower cake she picked out. It looks almost nothing like the original but she loved it anyhow.

When Darin got home we went over to Grandma H's house for some family reunion fun. Grandpa set up some Minute-To-Win-It games which were a real hit. I discovered Darin has the amazing hidden talent of moving a cookie from his forehead to his mouth using nothing but his face muscles. Yeah, be impressed. In the first pic, Darin has a tissue box full of golf balls tied to his back and he is jumping to get them all out. Calin is trying to bounce ping pong balls into those cups to get a tic-tac-toe.
It was a pretty quiet low-key birthday but she was happy with it anyhow. She's been so excited about turning 5 and really is growing up too fast. I know that's so cliche, but it's true. Luckily she's still got a lot of little girl left in her and I still get plenty of cuddles and kisses. She's my Little Lou and I love her to pieces.
5 comments:
the cake is amazing...so not just hubby has hidden talents! good for you.
Yea, that little girl is growing up too fast. Sometimes you want to just stunt their growth and have them at that little size. There is a lot of exciting times coming this year and in the future. So, let the good times roll. Enjoy all their ages and stages they go through.
Great job on the cake. Thanks for the pic of the necklace and taking her to pick one out. Sounds like she had a good bday. Now here comes kindergarten. Wow. She did grow up too fast.
Fun games. We played one at my MS meeting. We had to put vaseline on our nose,then stick it in cottonballs and then shake them off without using our hands. What a silly sight we were. Dad won. He got 25 from one pile to another.
And you said that you are not a good cake decorator.....Ummmm..I think you have the hidden talent.
Happy Birthday to that pretty little girl of yours. I hope she had an awesome birthday. My little one will have his 5th birthday tomorrow.
Happy birthday Naiya! How did our kids get so grown up? Does that mean we're old? I think not.
Post a Comment