Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Moving update

Moving Day is Monday. It's a lot faster than we originally planned, and we don't have to be out of here until the 24th, but we want to get settled before school starts. So far the move is going smoothly. We've known for a month we were going to do this, so even though we didn't have an apartment, we began the process of dejunking and what not. I've been boxing like crazy and actually enjoying it very much. Much of what we own is going into the unfinished basement of the townhouse, and we're so thankful we don't have to pay for a storage unit. The kids have been wonderful sorting through toys and allowing me to store most of them.
I've designated a room in the house for boxes and it's filling up fast. Moving so often means I've learned how to pack proficiently. I've got most of it done, and the rest I'll finish in the next 2 days. Saturday we'll hit the Bruderer Reunion, Sunday is the Sabbath so we'll have to honor that and take a break. Then Monday we'll pick up the truck in Rexburg and get this over with. I'm so flippin excited. Not about the townhouse, just b/c I'm so excited to get started on the next chapter of our lives. The chapter in which I finally settle into a home of my own and put down roots. It's been a long time coming, but by this time next year it'll happen. Actually, our house could be built by Christmas if we wanted. But since we are trying to pay down debt as much as possible first, it will probably not be until April, in time to celebrate our 10 yr anniversary. Which is fine, as long as I have a house by the time I turn 30 in June, I don't mind waiting a few extra months. :)

4 comments:

Keri said...

Can't wait to see pics. Where are you guys building at?

Susan said...

you are making so many wise choices. good for you. I'm with Keri....pictures please.

mom said...

I'm so glad you can get in sooner. You are the best dejunker, packer, mover that I've ever seen. Sorry Melissa won't be there to help. My turn. Be thinking of you. Tell all at the reunion the Ohio Brud's say Hi. Wish we could be there. Have fun!

Dad said...

It sounds like you have got a pretty good handle on the moving thing. Good luck on getting the rest of it.