Monday, August 16, 2010

Bruderer Reunion

Last Saturday we took some time off from packing and went up to the Bruderer Reunion. I only knew a very small handful of people there but enjoyed it none the less. The kids rode the Bruderer Express, did the ever-wonderful metal detector hunt (complete with several teary-eyed break downs from a small blond princess who "wanted something beautiful" and didn't get it). There were crafts-golf ball dogs and necklaces and foam goodies to create (which cheered up said princess, though to this day she still mopes because she didn't get a 50 cent piece like her brother, despite the fact that he gave her the flower lamp he won, and a bracelet,). I didn't use the camera much, but I took a few shots of the kiddos trying their hand at archery.

2 comments:

mom said...

That was nice you took time off to go. I'm sure G&G appreciated it. It's always a fun time. Calin looks like he's sighting that arrow like a pro. Sorry the princess didn't get anything 'good' at the treasure hunt. I bet you're glad she didn't get another doll like last year.
Welcome back on line. I've missed you.

Keri said...

Take pics of the crafts and post them so we can see. Sorry we didn't make it up. I was sad. I did get to see g+g at DJ's wedding though.