I turned 30 today. Most people seem to have issues about turning 30, and so in my mind I feel like it should bother me somehow. But really, I'm glad to be done with my 20's. I feel like it's the start of a new chapter in my life, one which I look forward to writing. I value the experiences I have had and the wisdom I have gained in these 30 years and I wouldn't go back to my 20's for anything. I'm not thrilled with the thought of aging, but getting older is a rite of passage full of benefits, a worthwhile trade off in my opinion.
When I was 20 I had my first job interview. My employer asked how I saw my life 10 years from now. I answered honestly and told him I hoped to be a stay at home with a few kids. Of course that is exactly how my life has played out. I expected the kids would be much younger than what they are, and I didn't expect to have only 2 children, but I'm happy with how things have turned out. Now at 30, they'll be in school full time and I can figure out what I want to do with my life from here on out. As of right now I have no clue. I'm not ready to jump into anything just yet, nothing feels right. I trust that things will work out how they're supposed to when the timing is right. Until then I'm going to focus all of my energy on my kids and having a fun care free summer.
1 comment:
Good attitude. Of course with the kids in school full time you won't have an excuse for your house to not be clean. JK.
Bet you'll keep busy volunteering at the school to start. Then you'll figure the rest out. No reason to not take some time for yourself, too.
Post a Comment