Tuesday, June 28, 2011

June

I know I say this every month, but June has flown by! The days have been filled with summer activities and I can't believe summer is already 1/3 over! It's been a good month though. We didn't go camping like we'd hoped but we did make it to the zoo and to the bodies exhibit at the museum. I got to go to cubscout day camp with Calin, and Naiya went fishing with Darin for Girl Scouts. Next month should be much calmer and we look forward to a more lax schedule.
I can't believe it's been almost 11 months since we moved to Rexburg. I don't regret leaving Driggs b/c I know we aren't supposed to be there, but I wish Darin could find a new job. While we are very thankful and blessed that he is employed, it'd be nice if he could cut the hour commute out of his schedule, and the gas expense out of the budget. We continue to hope and pray and wait.
On another note, he started classes for his Master's degree this month. It's been several years since he was in school but the situation is still very familiar. He comes home from work and the last thing he wants to do is school, and I'd rather he spend his time with me. Just like old times. I need to find a lot of good books to read over the next few years so I don't distract him, feel free to offer suggestions.

2 comments:

mom said...

You know Mel and I could suggest lots of books. What kind do you like? Good luck with Darin and his schooling. It'll be hard with all he has going on with work and the fam etc but it will be so worth it.

Dan said...

Fablehaven. All five of them.