We've changed up the kids' activities this year.
Naiya is doing dance and gymnastics. She dropped piano b/c she just wasn't enjoying it. It was a daily battle to get her to practice, and not worth the time or money being invested in it. We will consider it again when she's older if she wants to learn. She is also dropping girl scouts. The meeting time conflicted with too many things, and I didn't feel she was getting very much out of it. So just 2 activities for her, which has been a very pleasant change.
Calin is sticking with piano and cub scouts. Since the ward split, the scouting program has been MIA and it has been so nice to not have it! His brand new leaders accepted the calling then found out they are moving to California in 2 weeks. So who knows what will happen with that. I won't be surprised at all if he doesn't earn his badge. It's hard enough to squeeze the 2 year program into 1, let alone trim it down a few months more b/c the program is dysfunctional. But my rants about LDS led scout troops is a topic for another day! ;-)
Calin decided to try out gymnastics this year. He enjoyed tumbling last year, and all summer, and was ready for more. Due to his tumbling experience, they put him right into a Boys Level 2 class, but now, 3 weeks later, his teacher says he's ready for Level 3. I'm excited for him to move up, but now he'll go for 2 hours instead of 1, which costs more money. I don't know how fast he'll progress through Level 3, but Level 4 is team and that's going to mean a whole lot more money (if he decides to continue with it). Good thing I got a job!
It's nice to have things whittled down, it has made my life simpler and happier. Plus, I don't have a calling to keep me busy, and I don't bring my work home (unless you count the sore throat I caught this week, and all other countless illnesses that will surely come my way throughout the year).
I like the amount of busy I am right now, it's working out well. Except one thing, I had let many of the chores go at the end of the summer and my plans to deep clean the house while the kids were in school has backfired now that I'm working. Other than the ridiculously messy house, life is good.
1 comment:
Sounds like you've made some good choices. I'm glad your job is going well and especially that you LIKE it. That's so important.
Post a Comment