Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Haircut: Stage one

Many of you have asked about my hair. I think I was procrastinating it b/c I just wasn't quite ready to go that short. At the same time though I was desperate to get rid of the length so it was easier to manage. I've settled on a temporary shoulder length cut that will work for the next few months until I'm ready. It's a plain cut with slight layering in the front (which you can't really see in the photo).
(That hand belongs to my goofy husband, not sure why I didn't just have him take the picture. If you can't tell, the hair ends at the edge of the picture).

It's very simple but I'm happy with it. Not a tear shed (mostly due to the fact that I had lowered my expectations substantially).
Truth be told though, this was an in home haircut. After giving both of my boys haircuts I began feeling frusterated with my own hair. And so, as I sometimes do, I picked up the scissors and started snipping away. Of course with it being long there was no way I could do the back myself, so I recruited my handsome husband for the job. He was only a tad hesitant and I don't blame him, he didn't want to be the reason for any crying that may result. But he did it anyway, because he does everything I ask of him. :)
Surprisingly, I wasn't nervous at all. Not like I am when I go to an actual real live hair dresser. Weird, I know. But I'm kind of backwards like that. I guess I figured all he had to do was cut off a few inches of hair and make a straight line. Nothing fancy, no layering, no razoring; Just a simple cut. I think he did a good job, though I can't really examime the back so I'm trusting that it looks okay. If you notice something tragically wrong with it that he's not telling me, please let me know!

6 comments:

Missy said...

Looks good Kate. I thought from what you told me on the phone it would be shorter, but I like it. I am hoping to do mine next week when Curtis is off. I will let you know what happens!

Tara said...

awesome...looks great...can't wait to see it in person!

Nikki said...

It looks great!!

leslie mae said...

Love it! It turned out way cute! I'm excited to see your shorter do though! I too am an in-home cutter.. it's surprisingly addictive to cut your own hair!

Susan said...

kate! Great hair cut and so wise to whack it off at home first. and to have a hubby's help is the best. good for the both of you.

Terra said...

Impressive, it looks really good!