After school (a.m. kindergarden) we rushed through lunch, dropped by daddy's work to get the stroller of out of his trunk, then continued on for a great afternoon at the zoo. I love being a stay at home mom b/c it gives me the ability to drop everything and focus on my kids. I left the laundry half finished, the living room/playroom a disaster area, FHE wasn't planned, and I didn't even bother clearing the lunch dishes from the table. We just up and left. I knew the chores would be there when I got back. My kids come first and I'd much rather come home to a mess than to miss out on the opportunity to have a fun day making memories with them. And so today I have double the amount of chores to finish, but since it's freezing out (as I knew it would be) I don't mind staying inside all day. What a small price to pay and it's so worth it.
Welcome to my blog! Here you'll find pictures of my life as well as the ramblings and rants from my easily sidetracked mom brain.
Tuesday, March 4, 2008
Warm Wintery Day
Yesterday was one of those wonderfully warm winter days here in Ohio. The temps were in the 60's so it put all of us into a really good mood. I opened the windows to let the breeze in and got to work cleaning the house. I absolutely love cleaning when the weather is nice, it makes me feel so energized.
After school (a.m. kindergarden) we rushed through lunch, dropped by daddy's work to get the stroller of out of his trunk, then continued on for a great afternoon at the zoo. I love being a stay at home mom b/c it gives me the ability to drop everything and focus on my kids. I left the laundry half finished, the living room/playroom a disaster area, FHE wasn't planned, and I didn't even bother clearing the lunch dishes from the table. We just up and left. I knew the chores would be there when I got back. My kids come first and I'd much rather come home to a mess than to miss out on the opportunity to have a fun day making memories with them. And so today I have double the amount of chores to finish, but since it's freezing out (as I knew it would be) I don't mind staying inside all day. What a small price to pay and it's so worth it.

After school (a.m. kindergarden) we rushed through lunch, dropped by daddy's work to get the stroller of out of his trunk, then continued on for a great afternoon at the zoo. I love being a stay at home mom b/c it gives me the ability to drop everything and focus on my kids. I left the laundry half finished, the living room/playroom a disaster area, FHE wasn't planned, and I didn't even bother clearing the lunch dishes from the table. We just up and left. I knew the chores would be there when I got back. My kids come first and I'd much rather come home to a mess than to miss out on the opportunity to have a fun day making memories with them. And so today I have double the amount of chores to finish, but since it's freezing out (as I knew it would be) I don't mind staying inside all day. What a small price to pay and it's so worth it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I feel the same why. Why waste a perfectly warm day cleaning? Although nice sunny weather helps me clean much quicker`!
I am so sorry we missed this! I wish we could have joined you!
Amen to all you said!! I will make sure I drop everything and play with Trinity as soon as we get some warm weather!!
Warm weather, HA!
Post a Comment