I think the party went well. Calin was happy with it and it seems the other kids had fun so what else could I ask for? I'm happy with how things turned out, mostly b/c I think I handled things well. I didn't turn into frazzled stressed out mom like I so often do. I just went with the flow and didn't worry about things. It was less than perfect, I could list a dozen things that didn't go as planned (don't worry, I won't) but still it feels like it was a success. I felt like I was victorious over my inner perfectionist-I didn't think twice about the little things that I normally would have kicked myself over, I just let them go. Now that's progress!
My cake didn't fall apart!
The buccaneers:
Naiya was too cute in her pirate bandana!
My selfish gift to Calin: 3 books by Laurie Keller. She is my favorite children's author/illustrator, so this is the start of "our" collection.
4 comments:
Kate, Calin will remember this birthday forever, and not because you had an aneurysm!
They both look so grown up! The cake is AWESOME! Way to go!
love the cake, kids and you!
That cake is phenomenal!!! You are definately talented in the cake decorating department.. you should start a business.
Post a Comment