Darin is still job hunting but finding the time is never easy. There is always something else going on that is more pressing. He was looking into a job in Portland, but we decided it's just too far from family (too bad b/c I'd love to experience life on the west coast). So for now we're keeping our minds open to Cleveland and still searching in the Idaho Falls/Rexburg area.
Truth be told the thought of moving to a windy freezing barren subdivision does not tempt me. I want a quiet house set hidden in the trees with no one around but the birds. But with that said, we also want to be able to play outside during the summer. It gets so dang hot and humid here I can't bear to be outside more than an hour. We figure while the kids are young we'd like to live in a place where they can have friends close by. And it'd be really nice to live by family. Just last night in a PMS moment I needed chocolate and since Darin was out and the kids were in bed I was out of luck. And I couldn't help but think how nice it'd be if Missy was across the street and could come stay with the kids while I ran out. Or even better, just head on over with her stash of chocolate for me! Instead I settled on baking some brownies, which just doesn't have the same effect. Too bad.
And just a quick photo to show I've become an official "soccer mom:"
8 comments:
Kate, you have to remember that Missy's subdivision is barren and windy because of how new it is. I think you'd like it out in Archer, where my inlaws live. It's quiet and has been around a long time, so there's plenty of trees and grass. Check my blog for another reason to move here!
every mom needs to be a soccer mom, especially with a child as cute and as excited as he is!
Use the AC, sit by a window and watch the kids play. don't go outside but watch....great way to enjoy all the seasons. and you family needs you.
my subdivision is pretty quite, and we are planting trees soon!!
I would have even shared the chocolate with you! I don't have a "stash" of chocolate, but I usually have chocolate chips, they work great in a pinch! They are really good dipped in Peanut butter! I do have some wonderful chocolate icecream in my freezer right now!
Now soccer mom, you just need the mini van!
Katie, come here I have lots of chocolate stashed. Actually the kids know where it is so I keep replenishing it with new yummy stuff.
You could always just move in by me. Lots of trees, No humidity, and a zillion kids, Park down the street, School 5 min away, preschool is 30 sec or within 5 min walking, Church on every other corner, And best of all Wal-mart is coming and will be 7 min away. If none of those convince you, I have a chocolate stash.
no no Kate, I think you are more of a Rigby girl than an Eagle Mountain girl. Actually now that I think about it, Keri is more a Rigby girl than an Eagle Mnt girl too!! Don't you agree Dan.
Indeed!
Post a Comment