Thursday, November 5, 2009

Kid update, for Grandma.

My mom thinks I'm not blogging as much lately b/c of facebook. I imagine that's partially true, so I going to repost Naiya's comment. While I was playing Mario yesterday Naiya thought I was getting a bit worked up and she said "Just take a deep breath and stop freaking out." She also said things like "stop talking" and "Just relax." It was too funny. I love that girl.
Sorry if I'm blogging more about Naiya than Calin. He's at school all day and I don't see much of him. He's doing scouts and I've decided to let him ride the after-school bus to his leaders house with the other scouts. Of course in true over-protective mom fashion, I drove over to the school and watched from a distance to be sure he made it on okay. And then I may or may not have followed the bus around to be sure he got off it with the other scouts. I'm crazy, I know, but I just wanted to be sure he was alright, and he didn't know I was following, so no harm done. Oh how I hate school buses. But you know that. It's hard for me to give my little ones wings, but when a bus and high school kids are involved, it's even more difficult. Calin's behavior at school hasn't been the best. He comes home with notes saying "out of seat" "needs to keep hands to self" "Noise!" "Spitting" (which he says he wasn't, and I believe him. I think Mrs. Grouch is just out to get him now). He also comes home with letter evaluations, that I never remember what they mean N and S. I think N means needs improvement. S could be satisfactory or Satanic. I have no idea. But when she writes S- next to her negative comments I wonder if that means his behavior is the worst, or just not the best. Parent/Teacher conferences are next week, I guess I can find out then, but and oh how I dread going.

3 comments:

mom said...

Thanks for the posts. I hate the fact that Jan knows more of what's happening with you than I do cause of FB.
Love that little girl of yours and her comments. I've seen how involved you can get in TV/games etc. How funny is she?
I feel like a terrible parent for having you ride the bus-I never knew you hated it. Why didn't you ever tell me? I would think riding the bus w Driggs HSers would be OK. How bad could they be? And how long is the ride? Weren't you afraid Naiya would tell Calin about your 'spying'? Makes me laugh to think of it. Too paranoid, mom. Maybe need to loosen those strings a little or you'll drive yourself crazy.

Nicole said...

It's kind of nice to know I'm not the only one that over protective. I probably would have done the same thing. In this day and age I don't think you can be too careful.

Dad said...

I know that Calin can be a challenge, but I also believe that with a little of true caring or listening he will do anything for you. If that teacher would just take time to show a real interest in Calin, they would both have a great year, (and a friendship)
As for Naiya, she is tooo cute. Her actions and words show a lot of growth in that girl.