The blizzard hit in full blast and school was canceled Monday and Tuesday, and since it's Thanksgiving the kids ended up with an entire week off from school. I gotta say, I'm not loving it. With the wind blowing snow everywhere, and the 5 degree temps outside, they've been in the house all week. Driving. Me. Crazy.
Yesterday was Thanksgiving. Our families had other plans so it was just the 4 of us. We had a yummy traditional dinner and took turns going around the table saying what we are thankful for. A few of them made me smile, Naiya gave cute answers, she is thankful for hearts so we can love and lips so we can kiss. Calin gave many thoughtful practical answers, like that he is thankful for the sun that is not too far away or too close.
After dinner we dug the Christmas Tree out of storage (Dad, thanks for the advice on the tree lights, I got them working). We didn't get it decorated yet but at least it's up and shining.
After that we made a quick trip over to our house to check on the progress. The indoor walls have been mudded, they've begun the siding, and it looks like they'll start on the rock work next week. I wish I had taken some pics.
Then we headed to my sister-in-law Jess' parents house. Dan and Jess had their baby on Sunday and have been staying there since they left the hospital. Darin and I have colds so we have yet to snuggle little Eli, but we should be better next week. We played the new X-box Kinect and had Thanksgiving leftovers. It was nice to get out of the house (I hadn't been out since Sunday) but the roads were horrendous, just a slick sheet of ice. They don't put salt down here b/c it's not good for the crops, and the plowing is pretty crappy too. I don't know how I'm going to survive here, I can't hibernate all winter, but going out freaks me out. Our next move will have to be somewhere without snow.
2 comments:
Good thing your sis was driving. I don't blame you for wanting to just hibernate. I always hated winter driving. If you moved to some place with no snow don't you thinl you'd miss the changing seasons? I would.
Love the pic of my baby with his baby.
i don't know if Dan and Jess have a blog, but tell them for me, Congrats..Eli looks lovely. I need to see more pix so if they have a blog let me know.
Post a Comment