Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Day 86: CLOSING!!

Today is moving day! (Okay, technically I'm writing this a few days later b/c my computer wasn't hooked up and I've just changed the blog date, but whatever). Everything went great with closing on the house and we started moving as soon as we were done. We have to be out of the townhouse and have it cleaned on Friday, so we've got no time to lose. Today was completely wonderful, exhausting for sure, but wonderful. Every now and then I had to stop what I was doing just to look at my surroundings and squeal with delight. I can't believe we have a house! So crazy!
Last night I wasn't as excited, it's been a emotional whirlwind, buying a house. It's exciting but scary at the same time. Now we'll have mortgage payments and no landlord to fix the problems. And the commitment, yikes! But settling down is best for the kiddos so we're doing it. In Rexburg-freakin-Idaho. I'm still not sure why our path led us here, but it did so I'm just gonna go with it. :)

And for Keri, here's a pic of the master bedroom.

5 comments:

Celeste Jean said...

Your "delight squeal" always reminded me of the squeak of a mouse. :)
Congratulations!

Keri said...

I'm so happy/proud for you guys. What an awesome time in your lives. I can't wait to come visit and pawn kids, I mean see you guys. Haha I love you all tons

Welcome to my World. said...

It's gorgeous!!! Can't wait to see more pics as your house becomes your home. :)

mom said...

I'm happy for you guys too, even if it is 1800 miles away. Keep the pic's coming.

Dad said...

Cool place, in a cool place.
(cool house, in a cool state)