What a week it's been! Monday & Tuesday we headed to Driggs to help Darin's folks pack up their house. They've been called to the Nebraska Omaha Mission and report to the MTC next Monday. I didn't get to help nearly as much as I would have liked, but they managed to get it all done and headed down to Utah today. For the rest of the week I worked on boxing up things at home.
New Years Eve was a much needed break, we rang in 2011 with Missy and Curtis. We put the kids to bed then stayed up playing games, eating, and laughing (which is pretty much the same thing we do every time we spend the night at their house). As always it was a blast. Once the sugar hangover wore off this morning, Darin and I headed back home to continue the never ending boxing process. It was nice to have Darin home today to help carry boxes downstairs, I couldn't have tackled that job alone. Thanks, Missy, for keeping Naiya.
Tomorrow we change to 9:00 church which is a relief. I have been having the hardest time making it to Relief Society at 8:30am. But last week I finally figured out my problem. Darin goes to PEC at 7am. So he'd leave and I'd let myself snooze for a while longer and then suddenly wake up and freak out that it's 7:45 or 8:00. Well, as I discovered last Sunday, PEC isn't at 7, it's at 7:30, and he's been leaving a half hour later than I realized this entire time. No wonder I was always late! Not that I'm good at getting to church on time anyway, but this was especially bad. 30 minutes should make all the difference.
Am I rambling? It's late and I'm tired and I've been under a lot stress this week. So it's likely that I'm blabbing on and on. All I know is, it's negative 11 degrees and I need to take a long relaxing bath and get to bed.
Happy New Year!
3 comments:
Happy New Year to you too. won't be long till your place is packed and moved and you can put those boxes away for good! The end really is in site. Keep your perspective and you'll be OK. Thinking of you.
Thanks for helping out my parents, I know they really appreciated it. Happy New Year!
When it is that cold outside it really is hard to be all warm and fuzzy on the inside. Hang in there, there is sunshine overhead. (somewhere above those dark gray clouds.
Post a Comment