I've posted a million pics already but
some of you aren't quite satisfied with that. So here's a tour of my house as it stood at 9pm last night. It's a mess and I didn't bother trying to straighten anything before taking the photos. Enter at your own risk.
 |
| So, starting at the front door, you enter this room. We'll use it for our computers and eventually get a piano in there. |
 |
| The room I showed you above is on the left out of the picture, then you enter this hallway. Past the stairs you can kind of see there are doors on either side of the hall. |
 |
| The left door is the our very own cupboard under the stairs, (for storage, not young wizards). |
 |
| Across from that is a little coat closet |
 |
| That brings us into the living room. I have to chuckle at our little baby TV sitting on that tote. We bought that TV used when we got married and Darin has been saving up for months to finally upgrade to a flat screen. |
 |
| The view of the kitchen from the living room. Darin's getting his TV but my priority is a dining table. Those folding chairs are horribly uncomfortable! |
 |
| This is the kitchen wall you can't see in the other picture. The door on the far left is the pantry, the closer one is the mudroom that leads to the garage. |
 |
| See? Pantry. |
 |
| Mudroom |
 |
| Mudroom, the left wall has coat hooks and a bench. |
 |
| The right wall has the 1/2 bath. |
|
|
|
 |
| The middle door leads to the garage. |
 |
| The garage accesses the utility room. You know, the one that flooded? Oh wait, I haven't blogged that story yet. Another day. |
Now we're going to back track through the house and take you upstairs.
 |
| View from the landing. If you turn right at the top of the stairs you enter the playroom. |
 |
See? Playroom. There's no basement so having this room was very important to my sanity.
|
 |
| At the top of the stairs on the left is the master bedroom. |
 |
| Different view. The room is ridiculously large. |
 |
| The master bath (with the bottom vanity drawer missing). |
 |
| Still no shower curtain up, we've been using the kids shower. |
 |
| Half of the closet, the other side is a just a mirror image. |
 |
| The hallway upstairs is shaped like a T, this is the left half of the T. |
 |
| The left door is the extra bedroom. |
 |
| The right door is the laundry room. |
 |
The right side of the T looks like this, I'll go through those rooms clockwise.
|
|
 |
| Kids bath. |
 |
| Calin's room (luckily this pic didn't wake him). |
 |
| Naiya's room, this little stinker was awake and shushing me. |
 |
| Linen closet, there's just empty shelves in there. | |
And there you have it. As you can see there is a lot of work to be done and I just spent the last hour and a half blogging instead of unpacking. You're welcome.
8 comments:
Sweet!
Thanks for posting so many pics. I think you were a little harsh on the people wanting to see your new place. We just want to celebrate with you.
Awesome!!!! I absolutely love it. I bet it is a big change from what you have had. Soon with the amount of space you have it will fill up really fast. Congratulations on your NEW home. It's always exciting to have a new place of YOUR OWN!! Tell, the family hi.
take it slow and enjoy decorating.
It's beautiful, it's huge, lots of storage [for my daughter who likes everything put away but also is the queen of purging],and it's all your's to do as you like. Yes that will take time but that's the fun of it. Looks like you got some new furniture, too. Good for you guys. I appreciate all the pics. Don't know when I'll get to see it.
kate! what a great home. You are going to grow and grow well in this place. Hooray for you.Thanx for the tour.
Kate, the house looks awesome!!
It's probably so nice to have so much space! The waiting was definitely worth it. Can't wait to see it in person.
Post a Comment